Tuesday 20 August 2013

This time next year, we'll be millionaires!

This weekend, we all helped my mother-in-law clean out her stepfather's house (Grandad G is currently in an old folks home) so we were tidying, sorting and generally gutting the place for him.  Anyway the MiL's mantra for the day was "if you want it, you can have it" which was very kind of her, but lets face it who can use four lasagne dishes at any one time!!!  and I'm not really the "fancy bowl for cotton wool" type. 

Anyway, what he did have, which I thought were fantastic, were old records!  Many of them look virtually unplayed, and in near mint condition.   The ones that first caught my eye were the musical soundtracks, Sound of Music, King & I,  Carousel, Seven brides for seven brothers etc.  but the more I dug through, the more treasure I was discovering......  Mantovani boxsets; Abba boxsets with bonus LP - The visitors; Elvis Presley; Mrs Mills piano sing-alongs; Max Bygraves - singalongamax;  Don Estelle sings Christmas (no Whispering Grass unfortunately, but you can't have everything) - you get the picture!

A quick search on eBay revealed some of these were going for £50 for some of the boxsets,  and so begun my next mission - to corner the market and flog them to unsuspecting users - ahem, I mean people who will love and treasure these rare jewels of black vinyl!

I keep searching for the elusive "autographed copy" or rare vintage edition, and only time will tell, if this will pay for that dream holiday - but I won't be racing to Thomas Cook's - just in case! 

No comments:

Post a Comment