Monday 15 August 2011

Just one more...

Week 5 of the 100 Word Callenge for Grown-ups!
Inspired by a picture, don't know how I got swimming from it, but it just reminded me of utter exhaustion. I actually do love swimming, but haven't been for so long, I would be the one flopped down like this!




As she pushed the water away from her, she kept repeating "one more lap, just one more!" Like a mantra, it kept her going. She didn't enjoy swimming, but she had that little black dress she was desperate to get back into, and that day of reckoning was getting closer!

Her limbs were stiffening up, and she felt like she was ready any moment to lay in "dead man's float" but no, the image of her in the dress, and the smile of appreciation on his face just kept her going.

"One more lap, just one more!"

She swam on!

4 comments:

  1. I loved the feeling of determination that comes across in this - and all us ladies can relate to the feeling of needing to get into that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I didn't want to alienate the male readers, but that was my first thought when I saw the picture. I didn't even realise it was gender specific (man) until I copied the link.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I like the fact that you've brought movement to the image,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminded me of Dory in Finding Nemo! Just keep swimming - that is a great mantra to have each really. I love the end which shows just what an image can do for your determination. Thank you so much for having the energy to join the 100WCGU!

    ReplyDelete