Tuesday 12 July 2011

The big decision!!!

Well, it's official, the letter has gone it to the boss - I have told everyone and there is no going back now..... I am officially a housewife as of July 31st 2011!



Working solely to pay a childminder isn't fun anymore.  Besides, I no longer care that the printers at school aren't working - not that me and printers have ever really been best friends, as any of my nearly ex colleagues could tell you.  But some things haven't changed... I am still really excited by technological innovations and how they can be embedded into the curriculum, or how children can have fun whilst learning loads of discreet skills playing things like Angry Birds, which was recently demonstrated at the last Northern Grid Conference I attended.
http://www.ictsteps.com/2011/06/angry-birds-in-the-classroom/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=angry-birds-in-the-classroom


I suppose really, the aim of this blog is to become a diary of things I do with my time, my children and my own professional development during my time off.  (As much as I love Cbeebies, there is only so much Justin an adult can take!)  There may be entries relating to things we have done at playgroup, or new recipes I have come across.  Hopefully there will be entries regarding new ICT advances, as one thing that does worry me is how fast things are moving, and how will I keep up, when I return to work in a few years time.

I hope people enjoy following and reading it, but even if not, I can look back with my children and say "That is what we did when you were little".

No comments:

Post a Comment